The North Dakota Cheer Coach Association was formed to:
- Promote excellence and safety in cheerleading.
- Provide education and information to coaches.
- Promote a positive relationship among coaches and administrators.
- Establish and promote effective communications with NDHSAA, schools and administrators.
- Study and make recommendations to proposed rules changes concerning cheerleaders.
Accomplishments of the NDCCA:
- Safety certification program required of all coaches whose teams will be stunting above the waist.
- Developed safety certification course using ASEP First Aid class and a hands-on stunting class for coaches.
- Mandatory spirit rules clinic attendance for cheer coaches.
- Affiliation with ND Coaches Association - Cheer Advisory Committee.
- NDCCA sponsors the fall and winter cheer competitions.
- NDCCA sponsors Coaches Day in July.
- NDCCA works with NDHSCA for summer convention.
- NDCCA keeps track of certified cheer coaches.
NDCCA Membership Benefits:
- NDCCA Cheer Team Scholar Award.
- NDCCA scholarships for senior cheerleaders.
- NDCCA Senior Award.
- NDCCA Coach Longevity (recognizing years coached)
- NDCCA BAC Scholarship Award.
- Coach of the year Award.
- List of NDCCA members for networking.
- Members at large to support ND Cheer Coaches.