ND Cheer Coach Certification Requirements
When designated as a cheer team coach, that coach must be the bona-fide coach of said cheer team. The coach must attend and run all team practices and assume full responsibility for that particular cheer team. They must be listed by their school as that specific team’s coach. In order to be a certified cheer coach in North Dakota, the following steps must be followed:
- Coach must take and pass the ASEP Sport First Aid course and ND-developed hands-on stunting class.
- Proof of passing the ASEP course with your name included must be mailed to the NDCCA certification official to be kept on file.
- If a coach has coached for 5 years, they must take an additional course BEFORE the start of their 6th year. Courses will be required at each 5 year increment.
- The National Federation CONCUSSION COURSE must be completed every two years and submitted with your coach certification application.
- Coach must complete SPIRIT RULES TEST which is found on www.northdakotacheer.com website.
- Cheerleaders of the coach desiring to be certified must annually attend an approved cheer camp held by a bona fide company- in ND, that is UCA and NCA.
- The NDCCA update form needs to be completed annually, signed by both the cheer coach and an administrator of that school.
- The coach will also not be considered certified if any part of the form is not complete.
- The update form must be mailed to the NDCCA official before: September 1st for Fall sports; December 1st for Winter sports.
- Update forms received after the above dates will be assessed a $35 late fee. THE COACH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED CERTIFIED UNTIL THIS FEE IS PAID.
- In a school that has different coaches for each cheer team, each of those teams must have a certified coach in order to stunt. That coach must be recognized by the school as that squad’s cheer coach. (For example, if girls basketball and boys basketball cheer coaches are different people, they each must be certified.)
- North Dakota Cheer Coach Certification Checklist
Updated April, 2022