- The North Dakota Cheer Coach Association Scholarship is open to Senior cheerleaders whose coach is a member of the NDCCA.
- The NDCCA may award up to five $200 scholarships at the Winter Cheer Competition. The number of scholarships given will depend on the number of applicants and/or quality of applicants. However, the total amount given will not exceed $1000.
- The applicant must complete the Scholarship Application and return it by March 1 of the current school year to the address on the application.
- The Scholarship Committee will appoint judges from both Class A and Class B schools.
- The applicant’s name and school will not be seen by the judges during the selection of the winners.
- The winner(s) will be announced at the winter competition. They will receive a recognition certificate, as well as a form to complete specifying the name and address of the institution they plan to attend. The scholarship money will be sent directly to the college.
- Give the completed application and a stamped and addressed envelope to your cheer coach. She/he will then enclose the Cheer Coach Recommendation Form and mail it to the chairperson. (The Recommendation Form is attached to the Scholarship Application file when printing.)
BILLIE ANN CAYA SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship was started to give members of NDCCA an added benefit to have the option to honor one of their cheerleaders using their own criteria. They may have a cheerleader that isn’t necessarily the best student, but is a great contributor to their cheer team. Each coach chosen will decide her own selection method. At the State Fall Cheer Competition, one Class A and one Class B coach will be drawn from the current NDCCA members. That coach will then be sent a certificate to award the cheerleader for her to send in for payment. Scholarship amount is $200.